Electronics Test Engineer
Electronics Test Engineer:
- Seeking candidate with a strong background in Electrical Engineering.
- The ideal candidate will have experience in analog and digital electronics design and simulation, analysis and data processing, software programming, and a desire to apply this knowledge to develop innovative test methodologies and to assess system performance.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills are required as well as the ability to present results to peers and management in formal and informal settings.
- This position requires working in a multidisciplinary team environment supporting factory Automated Test Equipment (ATE) currently deployed and operational.
- The candidate will work with other team members in updating electrical, SW and mechanical designs for custom ATE refresh activities.
- The candidate will also be responsible for coordinating and implementing updates to technical documentation (schematics, engineering drawings and technical procedures), managing bugs/problems through formal problem tracking systems, performing logistical support functions at the facility spares depot and communicating regular status reports to management.
- The candidate may be required to evaluate components and subsystems comprised of HW and SW elements to ensure their readiness for system-level integration and test. Some travel may be required.
- The candidate does NOT need active Secret clearance for this position
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering (MS preferred)
- Experience in the design, manufacturing, and testing of cables, electromechanical assemblies, and circuit boards
- Experience with standard test and measurement hardware (power supplies, meters, etc.), integration and test of HW and SW elements and electronics-based components and subassemblies (breadboard HW, test equipment, etc.)
- Familiarity with commercial test instrumentation including data acquisition modules, PCI/PXI instrumentation, real-time embedded controllers and communication devices, MATLAB, LabVIEW, diagnostics and test and documenting related activities (plans, procedures, configuration, and test results) is desired.
- Proficiency in LabVIEW, Excel, MATLAB, Simulink, SPICE, or other similar tools is a plus.
- Experience working in a lab environment is desirable
- Self-motivated and capable of working at a high technical level with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a group environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills