RF/Microwave Design Engineer -Space Hardware
RF/Microwave Design Engineer -- Space Hardware
Radio Frequency (RF) / Microwave Design Engineer: This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation’ s core defense/intelligence services and systems. This position requires the design, development, test, and support of wide band, high dynamic range, low noise, space-based receivers and transmitters. The candidate must be an RF/Microwave design engineer with broad experience in RF and microwave design. The candidate is responsible for board level design from antenna output to analog-to-digital converter (ADC). Signal intelligence experience is preferred.
- Frequency experience up to 18 Gigahertz is preferred, millimeter exp would be a home run
- Rf microwave modules
- MCM (multi-chip module)
- Chip and wire design – treat them like a module (8-10-inch module)
- Radio Communication - handheld radios
Candidates must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Strong RF/Microwave module and circuit design experience specifying, implementing and optimizing circuitry that includes low noise amplifiers, power amplifiers, mixers, filters, phase locked loops, and baseband analog circuits. Frequency range experience from baseband to 18GHz required, baseband to 67GHz desired.
- Experience performing cascade analysis of RF/Microwave modules and systems to predict gain, IP2/IP3, noise, and power
- Experience performing frequency planning, spurious analysis and phase noise analysis
- Experience with RF/Microwave design tools such as Agilent ADS, GENESYS, and HFSS
- Must be proficient in the use of RF lab test equipment including Network Analyzer, Spectrum Analyzer, RF Signal Generator, Power Meter, and Oscilloscope
- Proven experience in RF test development and debug
- Understanding of the intricacies of board layout issues for high frequency design
Department of Defense TS/SCI security clearance is required within 24 months of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.